ConnectEd Indonesia World Education, Inc.
Position Title: ConnectEd Senior Teacher Trainer
World Education, Inc. and Alcatel-Lucent, through its Alcatel-Lucent
Foundation, have forged a partnership to implement ConnectEd, a US$6
million global initiative to provide educational and digital skills
training opportunities for children and adolescents in disadvantaged
areas across six countries. This initiative will serve approximately
9,000 young people from disadvantaged communities over three years.
Some 70 percent of these young people will be girls and young women.
The program started in April 2011. From Year Two (starting April 1
2012) implementing countries will be Australia, Brazil, China, Egypt,
India and Indonesia.
Indonesia is a new country for the ConnectED program and partner
selection is in its final stages, with programming to begin by May 1,
2012. The partner selected will be a Jakarta based organization
providing education and workplace preparation skills to disadvantaged
youth. These services will include non-formal education, formal
education, vocational training, information technology training, and
counseling. As the partner organization works largely with volunteer
teachers with a limited background in instruction, ConnectED is
seeking to recruit a Senior Teacher Trainer to work with the partner
organization to upgrade the quality of the education programs offered.
Primary responsibilities for this role will include needs assessment,
training design, training implementation and coordination,
instructional coaching, and curriculum support.
This position will report directly to the ConnectED Program Director
in Jakarta and will work closely with both the ConnectED Program
Coordinator and Senior Management of the partner organization.
The ConnectEd Senior Teacher Trainer will be responsible for providing
high quality and responsive technical inputs to the partner
organization's education programming. She/he is expected to develop a
close working relationship with the management and staff of the
partner organization, being responsive to their hopes and wishes while
developing a high quality educational quality improvement plan
program. It is expected that the Senior Teacher Trainer will conduct
a participatory needs assessment to identify strengths and weaknesses
in current instructional practices, leading to the creation of a plan
of technical inputs that is agreed upon by the ConnectED Director and
Senior Management of the partner organization. Inputs could include
designing and implementing training on topics as diverse as student
centered learning, classroom management, documentation, subject-based
learning, curriculum support, and educational administration. It is
expected that observation, coaching, and one on one feedback will be a
part of the program, so excellent personal skills are required for
success in this position.
As Information and Communications Technology is a central component of
the ConnectED program, the Senior Trainer will be expected to work
closely with a Technology in Education specialist and potentially
volunteers from the Alcatel Lucent Foundation to ensure that
technology is well utilized in the program both in instruction and as
a content areas as well.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Work closely with supervisors and partner organization staff to:
• Assess the strengths and weaknesses of current educational
programming (quality of instruction, curricula, administration, and
• Design and gain agreement upon an educational quality improvement
plan for the partner organization
• Design and implement training on diverse educational topics for
program instructors and administrators
• Coordinate with ICT specialist and Alcatel-Lucent volunteers to
ensure the technology is well represented in instruction and content,
including the design of curricular modules on ICT topics.
• Coordinate with ConnectED Program Coordinator as she designs and
implements an organizational development plan for the partner's
Throughout the life of the program:
• Work closely with the ConnectED Program Coordinator and partner
organization senior managers around activity design, transportation,
overall organizational development strategy, reporting, and the
engagement of Alcatel Lucent employees
• Make regular site visits to the partner organization for meetings,
training, and observation/feedback sessions
• Support the ConnectED Program Coordinator to ensure the partner NGO
is collecting required monitoring and evaluation data and that it is
of good quality
• Provide reports to the central ConnectEd team as requested
• Represent the program to donors, authorities, local partners, and
other stakeholders as needed.
• Foster relationships with local authorities and other stakeholders
to ensure program buy-in
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Be fluent in written and spoken English and Bahasa Indonesia
• Hold a university degree.
• Have a minimum of 7-10 years experience in education including a
combination of teaching, teacher training, and educational management.
• Be self-directed with the ability to work independently with minimal
• Must possess excellent communication skills.
• Curriculum design experience a plus.
Interested applicants, please submit cover letter and vita by email to
Myrtha Keshvari, ConnectED Program Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Files must be either in Microsoft Word or PDF format, and must be
named with the applicant's last name, followed by first name, then
either "Vita" or "Cover Letter." (Ex: keshvari_Myrtha_Vita.doc;
For futher information regarding this vacancy, you may contact me at phone numbers 021- 829 7228.
Application Deadline: May 11, 2012
Position will be for an initial 1 year contract, with potential to
extend for a second year.
World Education- Indonesia Office
Jalan Tebet Dalam
IVD No. 5A
- Lowongan Untuk Personel Proyek PLTU Soma 2x25 MW
- Job Vacancy "UNDER ARMOUR INDONESIA"
- VACANCY URGENT FA Spv Palembang Placement PT. Energate Prima Indonesia
- Vacancy For Kepala Teknik Tambang
- Job Vacancy for Telecom Engineer
- URGENTLY REQUIRED PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR REPRESENTATIVE
- Lowongan Kerja Assistant Manager Supply Chain Management
- HUNTSMAN INDONESIA JOB OPENING
- URGENTLY REQUIRED-Process Engineer Sr/Mechanical Engineer
- URGENT Construction Engineer & Coating Inspector